2.3.08

Day One!

Hi Everyone

I have to admit that I'm really really excited right now! I've only recently joined the world of blogs and after viewing tons, I decided to pull my act together and start one of my very own.

First a little bit more about myself:
I'm 28 and currently living in a town called Kapoeta in Southern Sudan. I work as a program manager for an NGO which provides capacity building skills to local organizations. I've been living here since last July when I moved from New York where I was working. This isn't my first time on the continent. In fact, right after I was born in Germany, I moved to Liberia where my mom is from and had a fun childhood there before I moved to the U.S. in 1990 when the country fell into a Civil War. I spent most of the 1990s around the East Coast attending boarding school, college and graduate school. I moved to Kenya in 2004 when I finished my Masters and eventually got a job in Nimule (also Southern Sudan). After about 15 months here, I moved back to the New York/New Jersey where my family lives and stayed there for about 2 years before moving back here last year. In between all of that, I also lived in Madrid for a year (study abroad), traveled throughout Western Europe, Belize, Brazil, Antigua, Barbados, Canada, and did some research in Guanajuato, Mexico. So that's nomadic me in a nutshell :)

What to expect on this blog:
You can expect bits about my days in Kapoeta and Sudan in general which is a pretty interesting place. I also LOVE fashion and traveling so you can expect a lot about that as well. You can also expect commentary on various issues going on throughout continent. I hope to let you see a glimpse of Africa and the world as I see it!

No comments: