25.7.08

I'd rather be in.....Cape Verde!!

Sao Vicente - National Geographic

Ponta do Sol

This morning, while dropping my sister at the airport, I got my usual airport-feeling of 'I wanna be flying somewhere new' so I've been thinking of where I would go if I had a ticket in my hand right now. While the list is definitely long and I wouldn't say that Cape Verde is a priority, it's certainly a place I've wanted to visit for a long time.

In fact, I distinctly remember my senior year in high school when my new Spanish teacher said that he was from Cape Verde by way of Boston (very large concentration of Cape Verdians in the Massachusetts area). Since I thought that he was the smartest, coolest 'adult' I had met, I became fascinated with this place he always spoke about. And as many of you know, the music coming out of this little island is AMAZING and I hear there are lots of places to listen (and dance) to live music there.

Anyway, I'm off to the park.....have a great weekend!!!

No comments: