21.11.08

Let's not forget


The crisis in the Congo has been in the news a lot recently and after attending a presentation of the conflict in Eastern Congo, the whole situation has been at the forefront of my mind.I'm not going to go into the depths of this crisis (mostly because I'm only slowly scratching the surface about what this whole issue is about - besides the obvious control of natural resource bottom line that is often at the root of so many crisis throughout the continent. I am constantly amazed at the human capacity to destroy and shocked by those you actually take pleasure in such destruction. While I try not to focus on the negative things taking place throughout the various countries in Africa, reflection on struggles that so many people go through definitely makes me appreciate all the beauty that comes out of that continent even more. Here are a few shots of both perpetrators and victims of the recent Congolese crisis.



Pictures from here and here on Flickr

No comments: