16.4.09

Sharing the Pie

I am a little (ok very) short on time today so I'm going to share what I've been reading recently that I think everyone should be reading and/or participating in:

279 Days to Overnight Success: Chris Guillebeau

Yep - his second manifesto which is just as good as the first. This one is more targeted to bloggers and others with an online presence so it may not be for everyone, but it definitely was for me. He definitely has me thinking even harder about my strategy for this blog and all the various ways that I want to improve it! Even if you aren't interested in the manifesto, the blog alone is worth the visit!

Micro Difference

For those of you interested in International Development and Aid and all things related, head over to Ali's blog Austin to Africa, Brasil to the Bay for a lively discussion (see the comments section) about said topic. It's been actually nice to find out that despite my cynical view on my field, there is still a teeny tiny little light in me that doesn't see development work as all evil and that there is some room for it, even if it is in need of a serious overhaul.

Off to Brazil


And finally if you want to see someone marching to his own beat and following his heart and passion, check out the most recent post from Fly Brother. I have so much admiration and respect for people who are able to shut out the nay-sayers and do what makes them happy...and this is definitely one of those people to watch!

I am heading to a very exciting concert tonight (hint hint check out last Friday's post), so come on back here tomorrow to hear more about it!!

3 comments:

Ali Ambrosio said...

Okay, so for the record I dont think it's *all* evil. ;)

Thanks for participating in the discussion, and keep that light shining, girl! It's all about being in a field that you find inspiring (despite the frustrations) and that makes you want to keep your light on and shine it for others.

For me, it's not the case of development work...but I'm glad that for others it is!

Fly Brother said...

Brandie,

I'm very honored that you featured me in this post and you feel inspired by my writing; that's what keeps me inspired to write!

I'll be in DC this summer, so we've gotta hook up and hit a live music spot or two.

Many, many thanks for reading.
-Fly Bro

Brandie said...

Can't wait to finally meet you Fly Bro!