18.9.09

Sounds of Africa: Smockey

I admit to not being the biggest fan of rap, but every now and then, a rap artist will drop a beat that gets suck in my head. That's what has happened with Burkinabe/French rap artist Smockey and the song Yamba. I just love the traditional beats in the background with modern french rap beats on top.



Anyway...I hope you have enjoyed this week of focusing on Burkina Faso. Did I leave out a major artist? If so, definitely let me know as there is always room here to share those artists later.

Also next month I will feature an entire week dedicated only to Botswana so if you are an artist, designer, photography, musician or anything else from that country and would like your work featured, please drop me an email: outandaboutafrica@gmail.com.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: