30.9.09

Spring 2010 by Duro Olowu

At the site of the Duro Olowu Spring 2010 collection, even I find it hard to believe that this is the first time that I am writing strictly about this designer. Yet, to be honest, this is the first collection where I was so in love with so many pieces that writing about Olowu wasn't an option.

First, let's talk about this electric blue dress. Clearly the hoodie with the ruffles takes it to a whole new level. I absolutely love almost anything with a hoodie, but the overall softness of this dress just makes it perfect. The huge gold necklace draping across adds that bit of accessory that I like with anything that I'm wearing. I'm not quite sure where I would wear this, but I definitely want it in my closet.

Now that my love of the hooded blue dress has been properly addressed, we can move on to the rest of the collection. Wearing this next dress would basically be like wearing a beautiful painting. The whole thing - shoes, jewelry, dress, etc - just works for me. A fabulous bag and some big shades and you are so set to go about your day.

Here are a few of my other favorite looks from this collection:




Go ahead and grab a nice cup of coffee (or tea) and stay tuned for another exciting post coming up later this morning....

{Photos: Style}

No comments: