30.6.10

Resort 2011

Well it seems that the Resort 2011 shows had more than their fair share of African-inspired designers. Literally, these folks could not get enough from my mother's land so I've decided to just round up a few pieces that really caught my eye.

Suno - well this duo certainly needs no introduction on this blog let alone what inspires them...
Thakoon - Inspired by Malick Sidibe's portraits...he calls his collection "A Parisian going to Africa"

Max Azria - Inspired by Peter Beard's images of Africa (remember he "discovered" Iman in Nairobi)

Marchesa - I don't know who inspired Marchesa for this collection, but this print reminds of me several kanga prints from East Africa that I have so Marchesa joins the mix.


MaxMara - Inspired by Marrakech, Morocco. Obviously, harem pants are not for hips like mine, but I become a size 0, I'll definitely consider this look!


Giambattista Valli - inspired by a whole lot of giraffe prints. Just how fun is these little numbers? I would totally rock that awesome bolero jacket with my favorite little back dress and yes, I'll take the shoes thank you very much!

Alberta Ferratti - inspired by a trip to Marrakech, Morocco

You can check out my tweets for a few other designers that I was loving!

{Photos: Style.com}

1 comment:

Wonderful Star said...

I really love the Suno and Marchesa designs most.