26.7.10

Flickr Finds Africa: Week 07.26.10

(South Africa)

One of the best things that I did this weekend was a short (2.5 hr) hike in Great Falls yesterday. It was part of my "get out to nature a whole lot more" and "meet new people" schemes and I had a great time! Not only did I get a nice little workout while seeing cool views of the Potomac River, I also met several really fun Somali-American ladies who were all equally excited to be out in nature as I was! In fact they were all better prepared than I was - really hiking shoes, camelbacks, sunscreen and bug spray, plus cameras! As is always the case, my little trip got me thinking about hiking in Africa and Flickr just fed this inspiration as usual.


(Morocco)

(South Africa)

From catching the amazing views of Ethiopia through the Semien Mountains National Park, going through the Dadès Gorge in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco, taking in Mali via a cliff in Dogon, watching the Atlantic from a field of wildflowers on the Otter Trail in Tsitsikamma National Park in South Africa, to going through the Cederberg Oasis to get to the Wolfberg Cracks also in South Africa, there is no doubt that there is plenty of mother nature on the continent to explore by foot.

No comments: