16.5.11

Through the Lens: Milan Josipovic


Hi there everyone! After a wonderful little break in Florida, it's back to the daily grind for me, but also back to blogging and sharing all this great inspiration from Africa with all of you which isn't a "grind" at all! I'll tell you more about my mini-vacation in a little bit, but let's get the week rolling with this Zulu photo shoot by Serbian photographer Milan Josipovic. I was so excited when I got a very nice email from Milan and obviously blown away by his shots which I instantly knew would have to be shared with you. In addition, to the images, Milan was also kind enough to answer a few questions...




Was there any particular inspiration for this series?
I have seen this guys performing on the streets of Cape Town and suggested a shoot. They liked the idea and we worked for 3 days on various locations around Cape Town.

What led you to first visit the continent?
I have heard great things about Cape Town and had to check it out. It is one of the best destination for photographers. Great locations and beautiful light.

What are 5 words that come to mind when you think about Africa?
Light, wind, beauty, nature, and people.

What country on the continent would you most like to visit?
Unfortunately I have seen so little of Africa (only South Africa). On my list are: Namibia, Tanzania, Congo, Kenya, Zanzibar ....

When you aren't taking amazing pictures, what else do you like to do?
Drinking wine with my friends

What dream would you still like to fulfill?
To open a portrait studio. Looks like I am close

What photographers do you find particularly inspiring?
Herbert List, Irving Penn, Albert Watson, Herb Ritts, Peter Lindbergh, Bruce Weber, Koto Bolofo ............

Thanks so much Milan!

No comments: