4.8.11

Art Scene: The Wanly Brothers

~ Untitled by Adham Wanly ~


~ Noctune by Seif Wanly ~



~ The Kiss by Adham Wanly ~



~ Unknown (to me) by Seif Wanly ~


Can I just tell you how much I love Thursday's posts?!?!? It always starts off a little bumpy with me digging around the internet (not a small hole to be digging around in) trying to find works of art that really speak to me. Once I find something that I love, the next part involves a whole lot of hoping and praying and crossing of fingers and toes that the world wide web actually has photos of the artists' work in a size and quality worthy enough to share with you. When all the forces are aligned, there is usually a moment of happy wiggling that goes on because I get so excited about what I'm going to share!


The Egyptian Wanly brothers, Adham and Seif, works are amazing not only because they are aesthetically pleasing, but because I feel suddenly awakened to a whole scene of modern art slowing coming into Egypt and being interpreted by Egyptian artists using scenes from their own environment.


{Photos: Mutual Art, Artnet, Chosun}

1 comment:

kelly jo said...

wow, the kiss is really, really beautiful!