13.10.11

Coloring Birds




Remember back in the day when busting out a box of crayons and a piece of paper and coloring for hours (ok, minutes if your attention span at that young age was as short as mine)?!? Well artist Alexander Teplov decided to bust out his box of crayons, but instead of random scribbles of nothing, he made these lovely portraits of Kenyan birds. Now I admit that I have indeed turned my eyes to the trees, binoculars in hand, at least once in my life to specifically stare at birds an event that only took place because I was in Kenya at a place - Lake Baringo - specifically known to have a variety of birds. Clearly I was a slacky at the time and did not bust out my box of crayons, but the truth remains that even if I had, I most certainly wouldn't have been able to come up with anything this wonderful!

{Photos: Alexander Teplov; layout: Brandie}

1 comment:

kids tops said...

Coloring is one of the activities that the kids want.