15.12.11

Peter Clarke




Since I was in NYC over the summer, I haven't had an opportunity to view as much art as I would like. While in Cape Town, I still getting have the time to see all the artists whose works I have admired over the years, but I got to discover an artist new-to-me! Peter Clarke's work was on exhibit at the South African National Gallery. I must have spent forever in the gallery of the exhibition because I kept going back and forth between painting toying with the gazillions I'd be willing to get and then part with for one of these. It was amazing to see how Peter's work evolved over the years. I was particularly impressed by his steadfast commitment to being an artist in a country and during a time when being black and being an artist were both a challenge.

No comments: