3.3.08

Turkana


Loki is in the Turkana Distrist of Kenya. While everyone always hears about the Maasai tribe when they come on safari, and a lot of western fashion designers that go through their 'African' phase seem to be heavily influenced by this tribe, there are tons of other tribes in Kenya, including the Turkana. I'm sure many of you saw the movie The Constant Gardner and most of the scenes outside of Nairobi were shot in this district near Lake Turkana. Above is a picture taken this afternoon when I was rolling into town of a very typical Turkana girl, however photographer David Lacana does better justice with the pictures below. Really, these women are stunning, and every time I see them I wonder what it would be like to wear all those beads around my neck. I'll have to figure a way and let you know the results! ;)

No comments: