12.5.08

A whole new week

HELLO a whole new week! After struggling through a very ridiculous week, I’ve made it to a whole new one. And instead of being a moaner and predicting that this one will be as ridiculously tough as the last one, I’m attempting to break out of character and look on the bright side. Last week was just miserable on so many levels. I just couldn’t handle all the things that were going wrong. I ended the week on a happy note by doing something I rarely do…..I went to the GYM!!!

In addition to having a pool, the U.S. Consulate also has a very nice gym with a huge flat screen blasting CNN. While exercising is the one activity I am consistently inconsistent at, it is always nice to do it once in a while. Yesterday, it took me 15 minutes on the stairmaster and another 15 minutes on the elliptical machine to feel warmed-up enough to continue. After that I was actually able to run on the treadmill for a while and all the happy endorphins finally kicked. A nice swim after that was just the perfect way to cool down. After, I went to a friend’s house and relaxed there watching T.V. which is always strange because I never get to do here. It is amazing how much silly stuff is on, but I’ll admit getting completely sucked into BBC Food station and this lady making stuffed tomatoes and rice pudding. Considering the limited food options here, this station is basically another form of torture. This was nicely followed by going to this place called Home and Away where I had never been before but was purrfect! I could actually keep my eyes opened and forget I was in Sudan! We just hung out in their café, soft music in the background, chatting and eating a quiet dinner. All together it really was the perfect way to end the week.

No comments: