22.5.09

Kuduro via Bukaka Som Sistema



Wow! I'm so excited about this beat that you are about to listen to! I seriously hope you have you clubbing shoes on because this is about to transport you straight to the dance floor.

All the forces that be have been bringing Bukaka Som Sistema to me. I first heard of them a while ago through my iPod. An episode of one of my favorite podcasts (Morning Becomes Eclectic) had just downloaded to my iPod, but I didn't pay much attention because I have one too many podcasts going on so I end up going through rather long periods where I don't listen to any of them (I know, really sad).

Then not too long ago, I was making my first round through one of the magazines in my home and spotted an article about them and their long journey to the above-ground music scene. Honestly, when you hear their beat, it makes me wonder why they haven't been blasted through every radio station. They bring to you a great mix between kuduro, house and techno beats.

What is kuduro you wanna know? Well, it's straight out of Angola and originally came about in the late-80s as a mix betwen Calypso, Soca, and African percussions. Two decades later, it's the current hottest beat to be listening to (the rest of the world has just been a little slow to catch up with the Angolan dance music scene)!

So...let me know your thoughts? Are your dancing feet loving this?

On a side note, Monday is a holiday here and I will be holiday-ing it up with my family, but I'll see you all back here bright and early on Tuesday! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Fly Brother said...

Anything with MIA is bound to be hot, but this beat and video ain't no joke! The dancefloor could be in Luanda, Maputo, Sao Paulo, Caracas, Miami, or London...anywhere in the Diaspora with this beat. What's the name of the dance they were doing? That was some OG poppin-and-lockin.