8.9.09

Tuesday's Design: Let's Eat...


As the summer in the U.S. comes to a very quick end, I already feel myself squeezing on to every opportunity to eat outside. So as I think about how few days remain of being able to enjoy a nice meal outdoors, I thought I would highlight how eating outdoors among the wildlife of various countries throughout southern Africa is done (obviously only for those with the deepest of pockets).


Like the rest of any luxury lodge, how the dinner table is presented is all in the details. Lanterns are an obvious requirement (whether dangling from branches, on the ground or both), supplemented with candles, mother natures' own sunseting light, white linens, safari chairs. It's actually quite easy to put together, especially considering that the scenery is the key element.






{Photos from
&Beyond Africa}

No comments: