17.11.09

Tuesday's Design: Morocco in Modern



I am not one to be really moved by über contemporary spaces which is why today's Tuesday's Design post is a little surprising even to me! Yet, this bedroom has been on my mind (and desktop) since yesterday when I first saw it. Buried deep in the desert facing the Atlas Mountains of Morocco, this space by architects Karl Fournier and Olivier Marty of Studio KO seems to maintain a cozy warmth while still being very minimalist. At first, I was a bit hesitant about the lack of windows but I get the impression from the amount of light that there must be a huge window on the other side of the wall. I really love the uncluttered nature of the entire space. You don't even need to bother with bedside tables, just focus on the key essentials: bed + lamp and the rest will take care of itself. I think this minimalist approach on the bedroom really speaks to me as I have been completely uninspired to add anything else to my bedroom. No need for side tables, the floor works fine for me. Aside from the needed desk and now a new plant, this is the simplest space in my apartment and definitely my favorite precisely because it feels simple (again, your über modernist would beg to differ if they came in here).




Now if you must leave a bedroom like that, this little cozy nock at the l'Heure Bleue Hotel is directly where I would go. Slippers off, curled into the corner with a nice glass of chilled wine and some good music going in the background. Simple, simple, simple! In fact, it makes to want wonder what I can take away from other spaces in my apartment!


So what do you think? Do these spaces work with the current style you have going throughout your home? Are you of the "less is more" school of thought?

{Photos: CôtéMaison and Studio KO}

1 comment:

ed hardy said...

Awesome. I love this, your article so interesting. Thank you for sharing.