1.12.09

Breakfast Inspiration


Is there a better meal in the day other than breakfast? I think not! You have so many simple classics: juice, tea, bread, jams, butter, coffee. Honestly I can't think of anything better. Unfortunately my breakfast usually takes place between 10:30 - 11 am once I've settle into work, gone through the first round of emails, maybe already attended a meeting or two. On days that I run in the morning, I try to squeeze in a bowl of cereal in between getting dressed, figuring out what to take for lunch and making sure I have everything I need to make it through the day. It's pretty sad.

Looking at this lovely breakfast table from the Royal Malewane in South Africa totally reminds me of what I miss out during the week (and definitely in winter when such pleasures can't be experienced outdoors).

What is your breakfast routine like? Are you an early breakfast eater, squeeze in breakfast between emails or on the way to work or just flat out skip breakfast all together?

Whatever your habits, I hope you can take one morning this week and treat yourself to a nice, calm, simple breakfast. Even if you only have 20 minutes to spare, pour yourself a nice cup of coffee or tea, maybe slice up a piece of fruit, toast some fresh bread and grab your favorite jam and just relax into your morning. Even if the rest of your day turns to hell, at least you would have had a great start!

No comments: