16.3.10

If These Walls Could Talk


I realized that it had been a while since I last posted any of my favorite abandoned homes so today seems like a good day for that. I have yet to fully understand why I like such spaces so much, but I think it has a lot to do with all the history and stories that they seem to carry. The fact that they are broken down, but yet still standing, almost defiant against their ultimate demise makes them really intriguing. Plus, my inner "I could totally rehab that" feeling goes on a total excited rampage when I see structures like these. So whether they are in Malawi, Mozambique, Ivory Coast, South Africa, or São Tomé e Príncipe (as these homes are), these houses are definitely whispering my name. I which they could do one of the If Walls Could Talk episodes on these homes.

No comments: