29.3.11

Tuesday's Design: Modern in Africa




I am oh so slowing beginning to have an appreciation of "modern" architecture and style. I'm still shocked when I see a modern space that I find myself gravitating to, but the shock is wearing off as I find this happening to me more and more frequently. While I continue to be all about bohemian/cozy spaces, there is something fabulous to be said about the whole "a LOT less is more" look.

The South African residences designed by Antonio Zaninovic definitely stand out when it comes to this. The simple yet stylish furnishing perfectly match the clean lines of the design which seem bent on making sure that nature is the star of the show. And with views like these, it's hard to argue that that is what "good" design should be all about.



As I ease into this style, this room is just for me as the antique rug and the fun textiles add just the touch of warmth that I am currently obsessed with.

{Photos: Antonio Zaninovic}