18.11.11

Sounds of Africa: Mikanic


I a few weeks ago, I was sitting in a lovely bistro in Cape Town enjoying a late afternoon lunch. My friend and I were the only ones in the restaurant at the time along with the energetic young staff. As we dined, we found ourselves bopping along to the tunes being played, with me wishing I had network access so I could shazam the songs. As we were finishing, a song came up and I couldn't resist any longer. I asked the waitress to let me know who the artist was and it turned out to be the South African duo of Mikanic singing "Don't Push". When we found out that it was on an album called A Moment in Cape Town we almost fell out of our seats because nothing could have summarized that moment better than the title of that CD!

{Photo: Mikanic by Clare Louise Thomas}

No comments: