20.10.08

Carpet rides


I've never really paid that much attention to rugs until very very recently as I've started decorating my apartment. I was sitting in the living room, on a couch that will hopefully be gone by the end of the week, and thinking about what kind of area rug I could put on the floor that would go well with the yellow walls. Something that would convey my fun but cosy personality but not make the room lot too crazy. Well, my mind traveled north of the continent (of Africa that is) and landed in Morocco where these beautiful carpets can be found (at a much more reasonable cost than that which I'm finding in Washington shops and Craigslist) and now I can't get enough. Seeing textiles like this really gets my wheels!!
I especially love that you can find such gorgeousness hanging from buildings and just cruising the streets and of course in the souks!
Photos from flickr.com

No comments: