29.10.08

Fulani

I was just thinking of a friend of mine while going through Flickr and I was reminded of some pictures I saw a few months ago done by a Polish photographer of a group of Fulani in Sudan. While the pictures were very moving, the story of this particular group of Fulani and the discrimination they survived through in Sudan was even more moving. I have not done a similar post recently, but I still have so much to learn about the various tribes that exist in Africa that move beyond the borders established by the colonists, that the very least I can do is at least show a few images....

All photos from Flickr. Click image to take you to it's 'home'

4 comments:

*jemima* said...

They're such lovely pictures :D x

kelly jo said...

you are so good.

Ju Padilha said...

I love the pictures!!!
Do you know Pierre Verger?!!! his is a french photographer who lived in bahia (Brazil)! Hi took lots of pictures in brazil and Africa to campare how similar the cultures are, because of the african slavery in Brazil! http://www.pierreverger.org/fpv/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 check out in "fototeca" you will be able to see somepictures of him!
hope you like it!

J.M said...

Wow. The third girl looks like someone I know. Beautiful.