5.1.09

New Year

Some people don't ring in the new year with any fanfare or ceremony or even much thought and in many ways, I am on of those people. In the past, I have slept through the arrival of a new year without any guilt the following morning and I have also stayed out on the streets (New York and Florence) enough times to know that standing in the middle of the street freezing your butt off is definitely not all that it is cracked up to be. However there is something about the arrival of a new year that always gets me excited. I love all the potential that a new year holds; so many chances for my life to change in little and big ways. While not all change is welcomed, I love the feeling that something good is just around the corner and if it isn't good, it is still a chance to learn something new.

Every year I learn more and more about myself and what works and does not work for me and I look forward to finding out something else about myself, my friends, family and just the world in general. While I don't have any formal resolutions, but the one thing I want to keep working on is doing more of what makes me feels good and letting go of habits, things, people, etc that don't bring me any joy. I know this sounds like a no-brainer but I can tell you that at times this can be very difficult. I started getting better at this last year and I'm hoping that I can continue with this throughout this year.

What are some of your goals for this year?

1 comment:

Gem said...

*Manage my finances better
*Do substantial work on my Masters Thesis
*Cook more