29.5.09

Jamila



A colleague of mine just came back from a trip to Sudan and Kenya and while I was looking at his pictures, I realized that my musical representation of the East has been pretty skimpy and I plan to correct that right now! I had to check my memory vault for exactly what I was listening to while I was in East Africa and one mega star jumped out: Chameleon. Whether I was hanging out at a bar in Nairobi or in a taxi in Kampala at some point during the time I would hear at least one song by this Ugandan artist. I love songs, even if they are high on the cheese factor, that take you back to a time and place and Lord knows Chameleon does that and particularly this song.

Anyway...I hope you all have a great weekend and don't forget that Monday is the last day to comment for the GIVEAWAY!

No comments: