4.9.09

Paper Planes & Warm Heart of Africa

Since the release of Slumdog Millionaire, anyone living in the U.S. (and possibly the planet) may have found it impossible to have existed without hearing the M.I.A. Paper Plane song at least once. It truly felt like it was everywhere! I would be in my car and switching from one radio station to another (yeah...I'm old school like that, no satellite radio) and the same song would be on both stations. At first, I found the song rather annoying but as these things go, hearing the song a million times eventually gets it stuck into your brain.

Well, was I in for a shock when I heard the fabulous Malawian singer Esau Mwamwaya singing this exact song in his native Chichewa language. How awesome is that!?!?




In collaboration with British DJ/Producers Radioclit, the three guys (calling themselves The Very BEst) recently released an album Warm Heart of Africa which is ridiculously good. Some of my favorite songs include Chalo, Rain Dance (featuring M.I.A.), Ntende Uli and the title track.

Definitely check out the entire album available both at iTunes and Amazon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: