28.9.09

Through the Lens: Emeka Okereke


How we are again, another Monday morning! How was your weekend?!? I went up to New York City and had a great time hanging out with friends and my sister. I got to explore a little more of Brooklyn and totally had that "why don't I live in this city" feeling that I usually get when I go to New York. This time I even took it an extra step and looked at apartments through craigslist (very shocked to find "affordable" housing in NYC). This is not at all very surprising as the itch for change usually comes within a year of being in one place and I've definitely been in D.C. for more than a year so some kind of change is definitely on the horizon!

Despite the rain, I found myself snapping away totally inspired by being in New York. I can't wait to see how the pictures turn out. Until then you can enjoy the work of Nigerian photographer Emeka Okereke. Spending his time between Paris and Lagos, Okereke captures the daily lives of those living in both cities. He has a wonderful series of street life in Lagos and I just love the metro shots that he has taken in Paris. Most of Okereke's work is in black and white so you know I love love love it, but in recent years he has started to dabble in color photography as well.






I am loving so many of his photos that it was really hard to decide on just these few. Which of this batch are you just loving?

Check out his site to see more of these stunning photos.

1 comment:

Danielle Scruggs said...

I feel that way every time I go up to New York too. Brooklyn is so beautiful. I was just up there this weekend. Thanks for posting Okereke's photos, they're absolutely beautiful and inspiring.